Main Clinic, Teen Center & Newborn Center Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
We will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday, September 5th-7th, for Labor Day.
To protect you and your family at this time we have the following procedures in place:
- Prescreening on phone and at check in for all patients
- Staffed are screened each day
- Sick and well kids are kept completely physically separate with separate entrances, reception areas, hallways, exam rooms and exits.
- Deep cleaning after each visit and professional sanitizing each night
- Contactless curbside checkin- when you arrive call from your car – no waiting rooms
- Everyone over age 2 wears a mask. We’ll provide one to children, adults please wear your own mask or cloth face covering to help us preserve masks.
- Limited contact and social distancing – only one adult is allowed back with each child, no siblings. Babies being seen at the Newborn Center may be accompanied by two adult caregivers.
Urgent Care / After Hours Service at the Main Clinic:
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am -11:30 am, for sick visits by appointment only. Please call as early in the day as possible to schedule.
You must be an established patient to take advantage of urgent care / after hours service (except for newborns leaving the hospital.)
The Teen Center and Newborn Center are closed on the weekend, but any sick patient, including teens, and newborns coming home from the hospital can be seen after hours at the main office on weekends. Please call for an appointment.
Holiday Hours: The office is closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The office may also sometimes close early on days immediately prior to one of the above holidays. See this page for more information.
If you need us while the office is closed, please see the information below on this page.
When you need us and the office is not open:
If you have an emergency situation, call 911 and/or go directly to the emergency room. Kennesaw Pediatrics will always be available to you during an emergency.
When the office is closed and a question cannot safely wait until the office reopens, your phone call will be answered by our pediatric call center and a message will be sent to the KP provider on call. The call center staff is specially trained to respond to pediatric health topics and follows the protocols established by Kennesaw Pediatrics. The KP provider will then call you back promptly to discuss your concerns and advise you further.
Please save routine questions (mild illness, appointments, prescription refills) for regular hours. The provider on call will not have access to the scheduling or forms request system.
Recommended Urgent Care Centers:
CHOA Urgent Care See below for online scheduling and directions for the three closest centers.
We strongly recommend CHOA Urgent Care centers over other urgent care centers and retail clinics. CHOA centers have doctors and nurses who are specially trained to diagnose and treat your growing child or teen. After your visit, they will communicate directly with your child’s KP doctor, informing us of any test results or procedures that were performed so we can update your child’s medical records and provide follow-up care, if needed.
CHOA pediatric Urgent Care Centers offer:
- A pediatrician on staff
- Staff specially trained to diagnose and treat children 0 to 21 years old
- Walk-in hours seven days a week, including evenings and holidays
- Lab and x-ray services to quickly diagnose your child’s minor illnesses and injuries with up to 50 percent less radiation than some adult facilities
- Fracture care for growing bones with access to pediatric orthopaedic specialists
- Access to the Children’s network of doctors and pediatric specialties
- Electronic submission of prescriptions to your pharmacy
- Online scheduling, allowing you to pick a time to arrive and begin the check-in process
625 Big Shanty Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144-6812