Ear piercing is a medical procedure, so it’s important to make sure that it is done properly.
When having your child’s ears pierced, it is very important that the equipment being used is modern and safe, and that the person piercing the ears is adequately trained. This is especially important with smaller children. Our staff is trained to pierce ears of children of all ages (over 6 months of age) and routinely work with very young children who may not want to cooperate.
Medical Ear Piercing
The ear piercing system used by Kennesaw Pediatrics is Blomdahl Medical Ear Piercing. It was developed with , medical safety in mind, using modern technology and safe materials.
1. One sterile cassette with one earring for one single piercing
2. Cock the instrument
3. Put the sterile cassette on the instrument
4. Remove the safety cover
5. Pierce the ear
6. Replace the safety cover over the used cassette
7. Remove the used encapsulated cassette and place it in a waste container
8. The finished earring and a happy customer
Medical Plastic – 0% nickel
Medical Plastic is the only material for ear piercing with 0% nickel. With pure, medical plastic you can be assured that you will not be exposed to any nickel. Recommended for children and adults who want to be absolutely certain that they will not develop nickel allergy during the healing period.
The Best Healing
The ear piercing earrings used by Kennesaw Pediatrics are beautiful as well as ideal for trouble free healing.
- Only medical and skin friendly materials are used, reducing the risk of allergies.
- They are small and light, weighing only 1/5 of traditional steel earrings.
- The design of the earring allows for adequate air circulation around the newly pierced hole. This is essential for trouble free healing.