The flu is no fun and the vaccine is your family’s best defense!
- The flu is more than just a bad cold. It comes on suddenly with fever, chills, fatigue and often a sore throat and upset stomach. When the flu hits a family, not only does everyone feel awful, but there’s lots of missed school and work as well.
- The flu shot is the most effective way of preventing the flu. The vaccine does not contain a live virus so it can’t give you the flu, though your arm may be sore for a day. It’s pretty good at preventing the illness, but even if you catch a strain not directly covered by the shot, you’re much less likely to get nearly sick as you would have without it. Check out this study showing flu vaccine reduces the risk of severe illness.
- Not looking forward to the shot? Our nurses offer their best tips for Fuss Free Shots so you and your child can be prepared.
- Protect yourself with these tips from KP to Boost Your Immune System and ways to Avoid Catching Your Least Favorite Illnesses.
- What’s going on with the flu this week? Check out the latest with these real time maps and charts from the CDC.
Book your appointment to get your flu shot today!
ZERO COPAY with most insurance plans!