Beat the Rush! Five school forms you should get completed now.

It’s the middle of the summer and we’re all in the thick of day camps, vacations and trying not to melt in the heat.  But school is right around the corner and that means lots of required forms for many students.  Save yourself some back to school rushing around and get forms completed now.   Wait times for forms are increasing due to increased demand and will only get longer closer to the start of school. Taking care of everything now means less stress for you and your child.

So what might you need?

Vaccination Form (Form 3231) –

  • You’ll need this if your child is entering Pre K or Kindergarten, entering 7th grade, if your child is new to Georgia, or if coming from private school.
  • There are some vaccines that are only given after the 4th birthday so you may need to come in for those if your Pre-K or Kindergarten child didn’t receive vaccines at the last checkup. Also there are two vaccines given before 7th grade, so be prepared for those as well if your child didn’t receive them at the last checkup.  Your child must have had a well child check in the last year to come in for missed vaccines alone.
  • If you had to get a vaccination form for summer camp and plan to use the same form for school, make sure the expiration date hasn’t passed.

Vision, Hearing and Dental Screening Form (Form 3300) –

  • You’ll need this if your child is entering Pre K or Kindergarten, if your child is new to Georgia, or if coming from private school.
  • The form must be completed in the 12 months prior to enrollment.
  • We can complete the vision and hearing screening, but cannot complete the dental screening. We’re happy to refer you to local dentists who can complete the dental portion of the form.

Health Needs Identification Form and / or Medication Authorization Form

  • If your child has special medical needs, such as ADD, allergies, or another condition, you’ll need to complete the Health Needs Identification Form for your school district.
  • If your child will need to have access to medications during school, whether a regularly taken or emergency medication, you’ll need to have a Medication Authorization From for EACH medication.
  • These forms are available from your school district, but are completed by your doctor.

Sports Physicals

  • If your child will participate in a sport or physical activity, he or she will likely need a sports physical and form clearing him or her for the activity.
  • Requirements and forms vary by school district, so call ahead and see if you can pick up a paper form or download it from the district website. Many schools in Cobb allow returning students to complete much of the form online in Parent View, print it out for their doctor to complete, then upload the form back to the system.  To find out if your child’s school has this option call the individual school office.

And as always, if you have any questions at all regarding your child’s vaccination or vision / hearing screening history, or need to request a form, please call us as any time at 770-429-1005 or access the patient portal at